Porcelain veneers, are thin all porcelain wafer pieces placed over the front teeth to change color shape of the teeth.
It is common for people to have imperfect teeth, either oddly shaped teeth, chipped teeth, crooked teeth, teeth with small holes in them, or an inappropriate sized tooth. Dental veneers are ideal for teeth that are too small, too big, or have uneven surfaces. Porcelain veneers solve such irregularities and create a durable and pleasing smile.
Material developments and layering techniques has made porcelain veneers look natural and esthetically pleasing.
Benefits of Dental Veneers
Typically porcelain veneers are difficult to stain and durable
- Dental veneers correct the alignment of teeth "instant braces"
- Dental veneers can brighten your smile and improve self-esteem
- Porcelain veneers has translucence and texture similar natural enamel
- Dental veneers close gaps between teeth
- Dental veneers lengthen and reshape teeth
- Dental veneers repair chipped, broken, or misshapen teeth
- Dental veneers can cover tretracycline stains and other discolorations such as fluorosis
Types of Dental Veneers Materials
There are 2 basic IPS porcelain veneer material types:
- All porcelain veneers or ceramic veneers by IPS Empress & IPS e.Max
- Composite Veneers (Adoro or 3M)
Lumineers material types:
- Lumineers by Cerinate
Procedure on Porcelain Veneers Treatment
The course of porcelain veneers treatment described here is one of several options available. Consult your bangkok cosmetic dentist to find out what the best solution is for you, given your specific condition.
1. Before procedure
The bangkok cosmetic dentist makes a first evaluation on existing tooth/teeth for porcelain veneers.
2. Preparing the old tooth
The tooth for porcelain veneers is given minor preparation or adjustments. A teeth impression is made and sent off to the dental laboratory to be made. For porcelain veneers, a temporary dental veneer is placed on during the wait time for the permament porcelain veneer.
3. Placing the new porcelain veneer
Upon delivery, the porcelain veneer is securely fitted by your bangkok cosmetic dentist.
4. End result
The end result is a new covering for your existing tooth. Care for your new porcelain veneer is required in brushing and flossing should be done as recommended by your bangkok cosmetic dentist.